Define goals of the Senior Designer for his personal website
- Define goals of the Senior Designer for his personal website
- Understand what the purpose of the website is for presently and what purpose he would like it to have
- Identify points of improvement currently for his personal website
- Identify opportunities with this designer’s website
User Research Methodologies Applied
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Stakeholder Interview
- UX Strategy Planning
- Initial Website Audit (private file)
- Identification of high-priority revisions
- Design Recommendations
- Recommended Next Steps based on audit and client objectives
What were the steps taken in achieving the design?
The design is functional, usable and visually aesthetic but it could be better by helping this client showcase his work better.
Design should always be purposeful and this website could deliver so much more when objectives are clear.
By defining the client goals and evaluating the website with universal usability principles, I had the springboard to base my audit recommendations on.
The next steps were then identified based on which would be most valuable and feasible given his preferences, schedule and style.
How did you consider the user in developing your design?
By being guided by the purpose of the project—going back to the objectives of the client and identifying which of my recommendations and audit results are best adapted to help meet his objectives.
How were the elements of the design created in relation to the user?
Understanding that my strategic inputs have to be situated to his needs, style and preferences because I’m not designing for myself.
I have to take note of his objectives, way of getting clients as well as other personal objectives.